Letter from Dennis O’Sullivan (Headteacher) – 30th April 2021
I am looking for money. Or chairs. We lost a dreadful amount of money on the construction of our new teaching block. We employed dishonest, now bankrupt builders. I will be writing in detail on this in July. We lost the best part of £1,000,000. We had a contingency fund and I have made cuts to staffing, found other savings and increased our Year 7 intake by 50 students. Now, we’re only £500,000 short.
We turned to Boytons to help with the building and they have been great. They had already built our Dance Studio, Maths Block, Business Block and English Block to budget and on time and now they will complete our new block by early July. This morning Sian and Clair decided to hand-deliver information packs to primary schools, saving £300 on postage. Today, our site team is collecting loads of office furniture kindly donated for the new building. Our grateful thanks to Mark and Elena from Sirona Medical & Endo Global for saving the school around £3,000. Well done, Rebecca for finding them. In July, our site team will save us around £30,000 by decorating the new block.
You may know that Tottenham are looking for sponsors whose name will be on the stadium. Do you know anyone who would like the naming rights to our new block? How about sponsoring a chair, a whiteboard or a room? Some schools ask for annual payments by parents. We don’t. I last asked parents for financial help around 15 years ago and the money donated helped secure 10 times the amount in government funding. Any donations or sponsorship will improve our kids’ education. Dennis O’Sullivan (Headteacher)
How can I help?
How can I donate?
Donations can be made in the following ways:
- WisePay – Please login and select Donations from the menu.
- BACS – Direct Bank Transfer – Please click here to e-mail us to arrange bank transfer.
- JustGiving – (coming soon, we are awaiting HMRC Gift Aid approval for JustGiving).
- Cash – Please click here to e-mail us if you wish to arrange a cash donation.
- By completing a Gift Aid Declaration Form we can claim a further 25% of your donation from HMRC.
- Parents can access the Gift Aid Declaration Form via the Forms section in Edulink.
- Alternatively donors can download a Gift Aid Declaration Form which can be e-mailed to us via email@example.com or handed in at Reception:
For further information about payment methods, please e-mail our Finance Manager Jackie Grosch via firstname.lastname@example.org To discuss sponsorship opportunities, please contact Headteacher Dennis O’Sullivan via email@example.com
Forthcoming Fundraising Events
- Friday 14th May 2021 – Whole School Non-Uniform Day (£1.00 per person minimum donation).