Return to school dates:
School starts for Year Seven and Year Twelve students on Thursday 2nd September 2021 and for Year Eight, Nine, Ten, Eleven and Thirteen on Friday 3rd September 2021.
Period One will be a tutor period on both days and new timetables will be updated on Edulink very shortly, (Year Seven students will receive Edulink login details next week).
Before you return to school, we ask that you carry out two lateral flow tests at home on Sunday 29th August 2021 and Wednesday 1st September 2021. If you test negative, you can attend school as usual. If you test positive, please self-isolate and book a PCR test to confirm the result. Please let us know if you test positive. Lateral flow test kits are available from school. Please e-mail us via email@example.com if you would like to collect a test kit.
Upon returning to school, we will be asking students to complete two supervised lateral flow tests in school over the first week. We require consent to carry out these tests. Most parents have given consent for these tests to be carried out, however parents of new Year Seven students, students who have joined since March 2021 and those families who didn’t give consent in March 2021 but now wish to do so should fill out this form:
I have attached an updated letter and privacy notice that covers in-school testing. Please e-mail Craig Burnett (Assistant Headteacher) via firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the testing process.
Covid-19 Updated Guidance
We will be publishing updated guidance along with our risk assessment next week but in summary:
- We will provide home testing kits until the end of September and ask students to test twice weekly.
- Students with Covid-19 should self-isolate and not attend school.
- Students with Covid-19 symptoms should book a PCR test as soon as possible.
- We will isolate any student with Covid-19 symptoms and ask parents to collect them and book a PCR test.
- Students aged 16 – 18 should get a vaccination when instructed by the NHS or their GP surgery.
- We will ask students to continue to practice good respiratory hygiene ‘Catch It, Bin It, Kill It’ and Hand Hygiene via regular hand washing and hand sanitising.
- We will ask all students to sanitise hands prior to entering classrooms.
- Face coverings will now be optional indoors; however, we will ask students who are taught by vulnerable staff to wear a face-covering during these lessons.
- We will keep classrooms well ventilated by means of open windows and doors and use of air conditioning, where available.
- We will maintain enhanced cleaning of frequently touched surfaces.
- NHS Test and Trace will now be managing close contact tracing. Under 18s and those fully vaccinated will not need to self-isolate if they are identified as a close contact unless instructed to do so by NHS Test and Trace.
We will return to school with our Autumn & Spring uniform which includes a shirt or blouse and tie and not the summer term polo shirt. Please visit https://chauncyschool.com/uniform-at-chauncy-school/ for further information on our Autumn Term uniform expectations.
We have now moved from Microsoft Outlook 365 to Gmail. Login instructions were sent out at the start of the summer holidays but in summary:
- Go to classroom.google.com
- Log in with your usual Google Classroom details:
- School E-mail address
- Google Classroom password
- In the top right-hand corner click on the Google Apps icon (nine dots)
- Choose the Gmail logo
- You should see your Gmail inbox.
- If you just want to access e-mail go to www.gmail.com and sign in with your e-mail address and Google Classroom password.
- We would advise using the Gmail App on apple and android phones \ tablets to access e-mail. Don’t’ forget to add your school account if you are an existing Gmail user.
Steve Walton (Deputy Headteacher)