THE SCHOOL JOURNEY 2018
We are constantly promoting healthy lifestyles, safer journeys to school and better environmental quality. Therefore, we are asking parents and students to consider the following:
1. Walk to school if you can. Many of our children live within sensible walking distance from the school, yet travel to Chauncy by car.
2. For those who have to travel, why not use public transport? Information about Hertfordshire Saver cards can be found here: Hertfordshire SaverCard Website
3. If children have to travel by car why not consider ride sharing with friends and neighbours to ease school run congestion in the town and cut down on pollution?
4. Why not ‘Park and Stride’ – pick a drop off point such as ASDA carpark and allow the children to walk the rest of the journey to school?
5. We have always encouraged scooting and cycling to school and we recently built a cycle storage unit to accommodate those who wish to bring scooters and cycles to school. All we ask is you wear a helmet, you have working lights and brakes fitted on your cycle and we will let you park your bike at Chauncy.
In addition, we will be locking the front school gates between 8.30am and 9.00am and again between 3.30pm and 4.00pm separate children from vehicles on our site.
We have banned staff and student vehicles from the bottom playground and we will be moving cars out of the bus lanes at the end of the school day, to let our buses park up safely.
We will also move poorly parked drivers who block pedestrian access and park on zebra crossings around the entrances to the school. Please don’t get cross with us if we move you on, we have a happy, safe and successful school and we just want to keep it that way!
Steve Walton (Deputy Headteacher)