Following our decision to close the school to all students from Monday 23rd March 2020, I would like to share our strategy with you.
- We await any decision on Y11 and Y13. See e-mail from Mrs Carey sent to students and parents \ carers on Monday 23rd March 2020.
- ALL STUDENTS must stay at home and practice social distancing as advised by Public Health England. Please visit https://www.gov.uk/government/topical-events/coronavirus-covid-19-uk-government-response for further details.
- Teachers of Year Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten and Twelve classes will set adequate and appropriate work via Edulink Homework. We have advised staff to plan activities using our extensive range of online resources. You can view further information about what packages we use here: https://chauncyschool.com/online-learning
- Students should attempt all work set, as in many cases it will generate a grade or mark which the teacher can view and record to keep our assessment records up to date.
- If students and parents and carers have difficulty logging in – please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the software you are locked out of and the name and year group of the student. We will try and get you back online ASAP.
- If you have difficulty with the work set or want to ask your teacher a question please e-mail them. You can get your teacher’s e-mail address from the Edulink app \ webpage or you can find the entire school contact list here: https://chauncyschool.com/contacts/
- All recorded online work will count towards points for Independent Learning on the Chauncy Passport.
- We would encourage parents and students to explore beyond the work set by staff and accessing the many resources on Doddle, Sam Learning and BBC Bitesize would be beneficial.
- We would also encourage reading for pleasure. Wider reading is a proven key to success. Whether fiction, non-fiction, books, magazines or graphic novels, we think reading is better for you than broccoli.
Advice and guidance changes daily and I will endeavour to keep you up to date via Edulink e-mail and social media as usual.
Thank you for your continued support during these strange days.
Steve Walton (Deputy Headteacher)