Skip to content
- Students attend a series of assemblies outlining post-16 options in November of Year 11.
- In November a Chauncy Sixth Form Choices Evening is held, inviting parents and students to attend a presentation on Post 16 options and to speak to subject leaders and current sixth form students.
- A sixth form prospectus is published which is given to all students attending the options evening and then to all other Year 11 students who may be interested in joining the sixth form. This is also available through the school website.
- In January, Sixth Form Options Blocks are trialled. An application form is then distributed to students outlining the course option blocks available at Chauncy and within the Hertford and Ware Federation. The deadline for applications will be a date in the spring term.
- Students who have applied to join the sixth form are invited to interview in the spring term to discuss career and/or higher education aspirations and the suitability of chosen courses. Students will receive a conditional offer letter for a place in the sixth form.
- Students are invited to an Induction Programme in the summer term, where they join the sixth form for three days taking part in lessons and activities.
- On GCSE results day, students who have failed to meet the entry requirement are asked to attend a meeting with the Head of Sixth Form. Here their results are analysed against their choices and either a more suitable course will be offered, or they will be given support in choosing a more appropriate course at a different institution.